(1) The programme of study comprises three stages as follows:
(a) Stage I in the first year comprising:
(i) the study of basic sciences relevant to the practice of internal medicine;
(ii) clinical clerkship under supervision with emphasis on emergency medicine.
(b) Stage II in the second and third year comprising:
(i) rotational postings of three months duration each in the following eight
disciplines of clinical medicine:
- Respiratory Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Haematology and Oncology
- Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases and Dermatology
(ii) a research project
(c) Stage III in the fourth year comprising posting in an approved sub-speciality
or in general medicine in the Faculty or a recognised centre outside the Faculty
(2) No candidate shall be permitted to proceed to Stage II of the programme
of study unless he has passed the Part I Examination.
(3) No candidate shall be permitted to proceed to Stage III of the programme
of study unless he has passed the Part II Examination.