(1) The programme of study comprises two stages as follows:
(a) Stage I comprising twenty four (24) months in Orthopaedic Surgery providing teaching/training in basic and applied medical sciences, principles of surgery, basic orthopaedic surgery and orthopaedic traumatology.
(b) Stage II comprising twenty four (24) months in Orthopaedic Surgery including rotation through the following sub-specialities:
- Spinal Surgery
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Upperlimb and reconstructive and micro surgery
- Arthroscopy sports and joint reconstructive surgery
- Orthopaedic Traumatology
- Limb Lengthening and reconstructive surgery
(2) A candidate is required to keep a log book throughout his period of study to document tasks undertaken.
(3) No candidate shall be permitted to proceed to Stage II of the programme of study unless he has passed the Part I Examination.