Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The following frequently asked questions are common among those contemplating University of Malaya (UM). This page provides answers to these questions and provides links to useful UM websites that provide additional answers.

Where do I submit the application form?

The completed form must be submitted to Deputy Dean (Research) at respective faculty.

Can we use the fund for:

  • Research Assistant
    Payments of honorarium are not allowed to person who assists in the actual experiments/research. Students should perform their own experiments/ research.
  • Preparations of thesis
  • No. The grant is not to be used for thesis preparations including proof reading, printing & binding thesis.
  • Doing research overseas
  • The grant will not support foreign students who are doing research in their own country. Supervisors are not allowed to use the grant for overseas trips/fieldwork.

How to make a claim?

The Project Leader will be given an account and password to login into the financial information system for research ( whereby they can commit and monitor the expenditure charge to the project account.